Korean J Gastrointest Endosc.  2005 Jun;30(6):325-329.

A Case of Epoxy Resin Induced Thermal Injury in Upper Gastrointestinal Tract

Affiliations
  • 1Department of Internal Medicine, GyeongSang National University College of Medicine, Jinju, Korea. wtjung@gsnu.ac.kr

Abstract

Epoxy resins has been used as a adhesive material in industry. Toxic effects for epoxy resin are known as respiratory, dermatologic, ophthalmologic and allergic symptoms. Ingestion of epoxy resin has been known to induce moderate toxic effect, but reports are very rare. Toxic injury due to ingestion in gastrointestinal tract is usually caused by suicidal attempt or incidental ingestion in young ages and alcoholics. Herein, we report a case of diffuse mucosal injury in upper gastrointestinal tract caused by thermal injury from epoxy resin with a review of relevant literatures.

Keyword

Thermal injury; Epoxy resin
Full Text Links
  • KJGE
Actions
Cited
CITED
export Copy
Close
Share
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
Similar articles
Copyright © 2021 by Korean Association of Medical Journal Editors. All rights reserved.     E-mail: koreamed@kamje.or.kr