J Asthma Allergy Clin Immunol.  1998 Mar;18(1):84-89.

Hypersensitivity pneumonitis induced by oyster mushroom spores

Abstract

Hypersensitivity pneumonitis due to the inhalation of oyster mushroom(pleurotos ostreatus) was demonstrated in a 44-year-old man who had cultiviated for 4 years. He had suffered from dyspnea, cough, myalgia and fever in the evening after working at first. After them he has experienced dyspnea aggravated. He showed not only positive reaction to the intradermal test but also to the bronchial challenge test such as 6 hr after inhalation falling down of FVC, FEV p, and DLCO in pulmonary function test and leukocytosis with fever upto 38.2C with antigenic extract of oyster mushroom spore. The size of spore was approximately 3.5 when measured by transmission electron microscopy.

Keyword

Hypersensitivity pneumonitis oyster mushroom spore
Full Text Links
  • JAACI
Actions
Cited
CITED
export Copy
Close
Share
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
Similar articles
Copyright © 2021 by Korean Association of Medical Journal Editors. All rights reserved.     E-mail: koreamed@kamje.or.kr